Blogs > Yay For Video Games

Random thoughts and news in the world of video games.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Final Fantasy 13-2 Adventures trailer - looks like more plot confusion to me

I'm not big into the Final Fantasy series. I played a few of the older games much later in life, I, II, III, etc., but with so many other games out there, I never really felt the rush to play many more. I picked up FFXIII a month or so after its release at a cheap price ($35 so why not?) and gave it a shot.
I had fun with it. I read a lot of hate from the FF crowd about the linearity, lack of towns and bad characters, but those things didn't seem to bother me much (except for Hope and Vanille, they definitely got on my nerves). After completing the game, I felt I got my moneys worth, and that's the important thing to me.
However, understanding the plot is another story. I found myself questioning the story many times watching the cutscenes, and I did something I normally never do in video games, read the datalogs. Reading about the l'Cie, fal'Cie, Pulse and other technobabble did not help me out.
Which brings us to FFXIII-2 and the recently released Adventures trailer. Here we see all these characters again, which starts right where we left off at the end of the first game. Here, Lightning gets whisked away by a mysterious dark force. Time travel plays a key role in the game.
Time travel? Oh boy. If there's anything that can make a plot a mess of things, it's time travel. Add it to this game? I don't know what we're in for but hold on for the ride.
I predict many plothole topics to come up online after this game comes out next year in the U.S.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home