Blogs > Yay For Video Games

Random thoughts and news in the world of video games.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Quick thoughts on Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City


I recently completed the campaign mode of Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. Here are my thoughts on the game so far:

It took me around five hours to complete the seven missions available. I died plenty of times though, and with target times on each mission around a half hour each, this campaign could be completed in four or less. With little exploring to do, I wish there were a few more missions.


The story's nothing to write home about. Since it's non-canon, I don't expect it to be remembered much in Resident Evil lore.

Graphics are nice; there's plenty of blood and gore as you take down zombies and special forces. Frame-rate issues arise that make things jumpy.


The AI of your teammates is atrocious at times. They'll run into walls, trip mines and a swarm of enemies with no care in the world. Part of the reason it took me so long to complete the campaign was the inability for them to help me at times. It got frustrating to the point I sometimes just ran off to the next objective, activating checkpoints and progressing the story.

Playing the campaign with others online would make things easier and funner. Maybe it was playing at 2 in the morning, but I did have issues connecting to campaign matchmaking. I've read on message boards this has been a problem.

I will be tackling the multiplayer modes next, which seem to be the meat of the game. Check out my review soon at theoaklandpress.com.

Get even tinier random thoughts at www.twitter.com/JeffHoard921

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home